Here are five of the most common reasons why people don't create a legal Will:
1. Fear of Death:Many people are hesitant to think about death and therefore avoid writing a legal Will altogether. This contrarily is especially true for those who have recently experienced the loss of a loved one. The thought of filling out paperwork regarding their mortality can be too overwhelming to bear.
2. Unfamiliarity with Legal Processes:Legal processes can be intimidating for those who are unfamiliar with what has to be done. Even if an individual has the best intentions of writing a legal Will, they may not understand what is involved or where to start.
3. Procrastination:Many people put off tasks that require effort and this includes writing a legal Will. They may have every intention of eventually completing the task, but it often gets pushed aside in favor of more pressing matters.
4. Lack of Trust:Some individuals may not be comfortable entrusting a legal Will to an attorney or other professional. They might feel that their intentions will not be accurately represented and thus decide not to write a legal Will at all.
5. Lack of the $700 plus to pay a lawyer:
The costs associated with a lawyer to draft and notarize a legal Will can be significant. Not everyone has spare cash or access to the funds needed for this expense, making it difficult to create a legally binding document. Our downloadable Last Will and Testament provides an affordable and convenient way for people to write a legal Will without the added costs of hiring a lawyer.
Video: 5 Reasons People Do Not Write A Legal Will
These are just some of the reasons why people may not write a legal Will. It is important to understand the risks of not having a legally binding document in place, as it could mean that your wishes are not followed in the event of your death.
It is also important to keep in mind that writing a last Will does not have to be a daunting task. With the right information and guidance, you can create a legally binding document that accurately reflects your wishes for your future.